Last week I wrote that “Christ Consciousness Is the Reason for the Season” and love is the principle expression of this consciousness. This week I share five affirmations that affirm this Consciousness in a time where it sometimes seems in short supply.
- We are all divine and deserving of love and respect. So much is made of peace, love and goodwill at this time of the year. Yet so many people are expressing sadness and frustration because of the inhumanity that is reflected in events here at home and around the world. It is imperative that those who embody and live lives that exemplify this truth continue to do so regardless of whatever else is going on in the world.
- Love is the guiding principle in all that unfolds. Over and over, I hear those who see a world in which all flourish say that love prevails. This can sometimes be difficult to see and, yet, time and time again we see manifestations of this truth. Love as a guiding principle is what fuels the various nonviolent movements that have unfolded now and in the past. These movements ensure a world that honors and recognizes all life as valuable and worthy of all the good life has to offer. This love is unstoppable as is the compassion and empathy that accompanies nonviolence as a way of life.
- All enjoy health, wholeness and well being . It is astounding to me to see how health, wholeness and well being are seen as privileges rather than rights for all to enjoy. I watched last night as disabled and ill members of our country protested the passage of a tax bill that threatens their healthcare as well as the healthcare of others. Health, wholeness and well being are our birthright and it is important to stand in this truth at this time.
- Divine light illuminates my path today and everyday. The Spirit of Christmas is one that celebrates the best of life during the darkest time of the year. Lights shine everywhere just as the light shines within us as I describe in more detail in an earlier this month in a post “Light In Darkness”. We must remember this during what is both literally and for some metaphorically the darkest time of the year. Light shines in the midst of darkness lighting our path on our life’s journey.
- Truth overcomes a lie. It sometimes feels as if a lie wins. However, time and time again the truth outs in unexpected ways. We must trust that the truth, like love prevails and that as we affirm this truth, it is made manifest in unexpected ways.
I invite you to use these affirmations if they resonate. Wishing you and yours a merry, blessed and light filled holiday.